In addition to growing produce for market and for use in farmstead pastas and sauces, Clario Farms operates a small CSA that serves a group of loyal and devoted members. With good planning and some luck we will be producing items like this:
- Cauliflower – Our fancy snow white, cheddar and purple cauliflower varieties are always popular with members and market customers.
- Broccoli – So delicious and versatile, we will be planting broccoli throughout the season to keep this staple available as much as possible.
- Greens – a variety of lettuces, chard, arugula, asian greens, kale – we’ll have a different selection each week of the market.
- Beans & Peas -We will be producing the classic assortment of sweet peas, yellow, purple and green french filet beans, plus our signature edamame soybeans.
- Potatoes – Our customers will see our familiar adirondack blues, fingerling potatoes, yukon golds and classic baby reds.
- Garlic – We always try to plant as much of our Clario garlic as we can – This european hardneck variety is well-adapted to our soil and occasionally harsh climate, and is the lifeblood for so many chefs and foodies.
- Cucumbers – we will have the burpless slicing cukes growing in the greenhouse again, and hopefully we will be the first to market again this year.
- Tomatoes – a good selection of heirloom, sungold cherries and classic romas
- Squash – a selection of summer varieties, as well as some butternut and acorn for late season.
- Strawberries – We are working on a small plot with these right now, but hope to increase size and output in the coming years.
- Corn – As usual we will be giving organic sweet corn the ol’ college try. Always a crapshoot, but when it works out, it’s a real treat!
Check back for updates on what’s ripe or check out our Facebook page for what is happening right now at Clario Farms!